This is it! This is THE recipe to make this Spring, Summer, and into the Fall and Winter. Super Easy Nut-Free, No-Bake Energy Bites with Chocolate Chips are magnificent! They are sweet, nutty (but no nuts!), chocolaty, chewy, crunchy, and filling. Eat them for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert! Kids love them because they taste great. Adults love them because they are good for you. Schools love them because they are nut-free. YOU will love them because they are scrumptious!
The best part?? NO BAKING! And you can store them in the freezer!
LOADED WITH FIBER, PROTEIN, & MORE!
The ingredients in these Energy Bites are loaded with health benefits and lots of fiber and protein, which help to give you energy. Protein is a macronutrient that is metabolised into energy for the body and helps to repair and build tissue. Soluble Fiber thickens when digested to slow gastric dumping and help to maintain energy.
Here are some of the ingredients that really pack a punch!
- Chia Seeds may only have become popular in the US in recent years, but they were a staple and treasured part of the ancient Mayan diet. The word Chia in Mayan means strength! They are low in calories but absolutely packed with nutrients and health benefits! They have Soluble Fiber, Protein, Calcium, Antioxidants, Magnesium. The benefits from Chia Seeds are huge!
- Flax seeds are another good source of Fiber, Protein, Calcium, and Omega-3 Fatty acids. If you are not eating fish, then Flax seeds are a great alternative source for omega-3s! See more on the health benefits of flax seeds.
- Oats are another AMAZING source of nutrition with tons of protein, fiber, plus Manganese, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Folate, and Vitamins B1 and B5 – wow! Check out all of the health benefits of Oats!
- Sunflower Seed Butter is also a great source of protein and healthy fats, but here we also get Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant and is great for helping to balance cholesterol and boosting immunity. Read more on the health benefits of Sunflower Seed Butter here. You could certainly substitute with peanut butter or almond butter, but you will get similar nutty flavor and is good for nut allergies.
- The other ingredients are: Shredded Coconut, Rice Cereal, Chocolate Chips, Virgin Coconut oil, Honey, and Vanilla Extract.
Quick note! This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you purchase from them. This commission is what helps me keep this blog afloat :). But, I also share these links because I have used the products, genuinely love them, and want you to know exactly what I used.
MAKE YOUR NUT-FREE, NO-BAKE ENERGY BITES
This recipe seriously could not be any easier to make! The only 2 prep steps to do is first to blend the oats in a mini food processor to break them up a bit.
Second, if your coconut oil is in a solid state (unless warm, it most likely is), Then warm it up in the microwave for about 20 seconds or so to melt it to liquid. The coconut oil will help the energy bites firm up as it cools and turns back to a solid in the mixture.
Then simply measure out all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Put all of the wet ingredients into a smaller bowl.
Then combine, mix, scoop into a parchment lined sheet pan, spread into a flat layer, and freeze!
That’s it! After an hour in the freezer, you can remove the pan and start to cut into squares or bites. The great thing is that these stay soft enough to take out and eat right away, so you can store these in the freezer for up to 4 months!
EASY No-Bake, Nut-Free Energy Bites
These Easy Nut-Free, No-Bake Energy Bites with Chocolate Chips are magnificent! They are sweet, nutty (but no nuts!), chocolaty, chewy, crunchy, & healthy. Only minutes to make & no Baking! Breakfast, snack, or dessert. #energybars #granolabars #snackrecipes #healthyfood #healthyrecipes #healthysnacks #healthybreakfast #healthydessert
- 1.5 cups whole rolled oats chopped lightly in food processor
- 1.5 cups crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup flax seed ground
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup Sunflower butter I used Crunchy
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Lightly grind the rolled oats in a food processor.
if your coconut oil is in a solid state (unless warm, it most likely is), Then warm it up in the microwave for about 20 seconds or so to melt it to liquid. The coconut oil will help the energy bites firm up as it cools and turns back to a solid in the mixture.
In a small mixing bowl, add the Sunflower butter, coconut oil, honey, & vanilla. Mix until combined.
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl (Oats, Rice Cereal, Shredded Coconut, Chia Seeds, Flax Seed, & Chocolate Chips)
Pour the wet mixture over dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
Press the Energy Bar mix into a 9" X 13" pan (greased or lined with parchment), chill in fridge or freezer.
Cut into 5 rows across the 13” length and then 10 columns. Enjoy!
You can substitute the sunflower butter for peanut or almond butter.
Do not substitute the Coconut Oil or the bites will not firm up.
50 Servings (1 Serving = 1 Square Bite)
You can store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in freezer for 3-4 months.